Obtaining a Construction Permit
The following requirements need to be fulfilled to obtain a construction permit in Liberia:
- Drawing cover sheet indicating
- Project title
- Location (physical site) of the project
- Name, address, and two (2) contact numbers for the applicant.
- Applicant relationship to property (e. g., owner, lessee, etc.)
- Provide name, address and phone number of the firm/ architect/ engineer/ designer who gave final approval of the project drawing.NOTE: No Set of Drawings will be accepted without the signature and stamp of a Licensed Architect.
- Plot Plan/ Site Plan
- Foundation Plan/ details
- Floor Plan
- Structural / Details
- Roof Plan/ Details
- Electrical Plan/ Details
- Plumbing Plan/ Details
- List all of the sheets that go into the drawing package.
Land Use Requirement (5 days)
- Deed or lease agreement (including legal description) for the property that is being developed.
- Site plan
- Description of the existing design or structure, if any.
- Coordinate with zoning for site visitation and approval. Client must be on site during the zoning inspection.
- Document indicating specific land use for approval.
- At least two (2) photocopies of the original set of drawings to the office of the Assistant Minister for Technical Services. Minimum paper size of 17” * 11.5” or 297 x 420 mm.
- Contact information
- Prove contact information for designer, draftsman etc. Including name, telephone number and address.
- Fill out the application form
Architecture Requirement & Review (5 days)
- Automated(CAD or related software)
- Aerial location of the proposed site by google earth or related software
- Terrain drainage
- Roadway and right of way
- Adjourning properties
- Foundation details
- Roof plan details
- Several sections details
- Doors and windows
- For detailed information on Architectural requirement visit the Ministry of Public Works web page.
Structural & Mechanical Requirement (3 days)
- Structural calculation for story buildings and porch slab.
- Calculation requirement:
- State structural code use
- Slab analysis
- Beam analysis
- Column analysis
- Footing analysis
- Retaining and basement walls analysis
- Placement of re-bars according to the design and workability
- Soil test result is require for structures more than two story building or above
- Wind load for high rise building
Electrical/ Mechanical Requirements (2 days)
- Load center diagram or panel board schedule showing the load distribution within the building including the following;
- Number of circuits
- Size of conductors
- Size of protection devices including fuses or breakers
- Power supply source
- For additional information please see MPW webpage
Final approval is done by the Deputy Minister for Technical Services
Fees Per Square Foot:
- Commercial Buildings (US$0.05)
- Residential Buildings (US$0.01)